The School’s educational program is modeled after specific innovative learning methods and strategies that have proven successful in raising student learning and achievement. These include but are not limited to:
- A standards-based curriculum based on Common Core Standards for Learning
- A thematic approach to integrate core areas of study such as mathematics, reading, language arts, writing, science, and social studies.
- Appropriate assessments for learning (screening, progress monitoring, and diagnostic)
- Data-driven high-quality differentiated instruction
- Supplemental programs for student advancement and remediation
- Support for teachers and ongoing professional development for advancing technology and other 21st century resources
- Research-based instructional practices (i.e., Marzano’s High Yield Teaching Strategies and Coalition of Essential School’s Principles)
- Weekly grade level and monthly staff meetings and ongoing professional development workshops
- Tutoring for remediation and acceleration
- Targeted interventions for struggling readers and students performing below grade level.